Today I’m going to tell you a love story about one of our favorite ingredients of all time, Aloe vera. At RBA, we use aloe in almost every one of our products because it is such an incredible plant with a multitude of benefits. First, a little introduction is in order. Aloe is a succulent plant originating from the Arabian Peninsula and grows wild in tropical, semi-tropical, and arid climates around the world. It has been cultivated for agricultural and medicinal uses for thousands of years.
It's benefits are many and include aiding in many minor ailments such as small cuts, eczema, psoriasis and, of special importance to us here in the desert, minor burns, dry skin and inflammation. These healing properties make aloe an integral part of our formulas as it offers a natural solution to many of our skincare woes.
Here are some of our favorite uses for aloe:
- Hydration- All of our moisturizers contain Aloe, which is made up of 99% water and is therefore an excellent hydrator for dry skin. It’s easily absorbed and is nice and lightweight so it quenches your skin without leaving you feeling greasy or sticky.
- Soothing- Aloe is a cooling ingredient and soothes irritated skin affected by rash and redness. It makes for a super ingredient for sensitive skin because it heals without causing further irritation. Use one of our aloe rich mists to spray on any irritated skin and experience instant relief.
- Anti-Aging-- Aloe helps revive your skin by giving it moisture, thus reducing signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles. It stimulates the production of collagen which improves skin firmness, dryness, and elasticity which helps give you a natural solution for youthful, glowing skin. Our anti-aging power duo Firming and Brightening serums utilize aloe’s anti-aging properties to keep your skin looking bright and youthful.
- Purifying- We include aloe in our cleansers because it’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties combat acne by preventing bacteria build-up while simultaneously speeding up the skin’s healing process. It also helps in healing acne scars and blemishes that acne leaves behind.
- Illuminating- Aloe is packed with antioxidants and vitamin E which help lighten dark circles around the eyes and reduces puffiness with its anti-inflammatory properties. If you want to tackle those pesky under eye bags our revitalizing eye repair is the perfect way to go.
- Healing- Aloe has several ingredients that reduce the pain, redness, and swelling associated with sunburn. It’s anti-inflammatory properties make it the perfect remedy for too much time in the sun. All of our body lotions and creams have large amounts of aloe and can be used to sooth sunburns. They make for a great alternative to sticky, aloe gels because they hydrate while they heal and they smell good too!
I hope after reading this you are as much in love with Aloe as we are at RBA. I mean is there anything this plant can’t do? Take advantage of the many benefits of this medicinal plant and show your skin some extra love with beauty that blooms in the desert.
Thanks for reading and, as always, feel free to reach out with any questions you may have!